Monday, February 11, 2013

Dracula Vampira

I've taken this piece up again after a really long time, maybe a year? I don't know.
I felt/feel intimidated in the sense that I want to go in with medium that dilutes in water, as in acrylic and watercolor, and these are not my strengths; and I really like how she looks and I don't want to mess it up, so I'm trying to tread carefully.
She's titled "Dracula Vampira", because the pattern on her skin is based on the orchid of the same name and it's kind of the personification of that orchid. I knew of this orchid, with the residency that I did last year, this piece is kind of a consequence of that residency

I've applied all that heavy shadow with dioxazin purple, a color that I really like and I don't know where I'm going to go now, wether I'll finish it off with acrylics or get some colored pencil or watercolor in there.

Either way, yeah.
Like my facebook page: Gabriela Handal Arte

No comments:

Post a Comment