I'd been working on a self-portrait for a while now, that had taken me long because I'm lazy, frustrated and there was a lot of hair in the piece that had to be painted. Also, I really liked how it was turning out and I was intimidated with hurrying up with it and fucking it up. So I was taking it slow on top of everything else.
So, in this blog entry, I want to show you the original picture, the process and the end result of the self-portrait.
1. The original picture: Sometimes I go on a personal photo shoot, just so I can have "up to date" pictures of myself and record what I look like from time to time. AND SO, I really liked how this picture turned out, it has an interesting facial expression. Originally, I was just sketching and was only going to draw the left eye, but I liked the picture so much I HAD to draw the whole thing.
2. The process: This series of pictures are the other way around, because they were taken with Photo Booth.
As stated in a couple of previous entries, the process is ALWAYS interesting. The medium is a compressed wood board, 17 x 19.5 inches, covered with several layers of reused news paper and then I cut up a bunch of pieces of paper that I have and stuck them on there.
I used white glue, as opposed to the spray on glue that I have, so there's a certain texture that pushes through the paper, I'd completely forgotten that I have spray on glue x_x
3. The end result: I'm VERY proud of myself. I like how it turned out and I really like how thick the texture of the hair came out.
The group and fan page in facebook are still going on strong, join them both, invite other people and leave lots of comments and feedback!
- Join my group in facebook Gabriela Handal Arte, and invite other people!
- Become a fan in facebook Gabriela Handal Arte and invite other people, too!
I'm also still going to use that PanamaNetBuy place to sell my things, but I'm intimidated by it, so I'm first going to choose one small piece to sell through there and see how it goes, I'll let you know how that goes <3