Saturday, November 12, 2011

Subject

I've done several nude photoshoots this year, modeling in general is something that I'd like to get into, in the sense of being able to make money off of it and kind of like a hobby.
This one that I'm going to talk about today, is the first nude photoshoot I did, with photographer Tito Herrera. Here is a link to the blog entry regarding the pictures: El retrato de Gabriela

Here are two of the pictures that he took:




And, if you speak Spanish, here is a little interview that we did, about my hair, my posing naked and my artistic work. And when it finishes, you're able to see the picture that he chose as my "portrait".


One other thing about modeling is the turning of the tables that happens, where I become the subject for another artist and I have to become malleable for him or her to be able to achieve what they see in their mind's eye and to be faithful to that. This comes with the posing and expressing a specific thing and interacting with whatever backdrop. It's really interesting and I think it makes sense for an artist to be able to turn the tables on him/herself that way.
Like, I realize that my paintings or drawings aren't asking empathy from me and they're not asking for me to feel what they might feel, but it's just a different way to experience art, you see how another artist interacts with his/her work.
It also reminds me a lot of a book, called "The Art of Murder". In this book, which is set slightly in the future, the artworks are humans and they're primed like canvases and they're sold and rented and they become objects of art, it's very interesting. I realize I'm not experiencing being an object of art like in the book, and the moment where I'm part of a piece of art is fleeting and ephemeral and only moments of that is caught in the pictures, but it's still very interesting to me and is something I can continue to feed and edify myself from as an artist and a person. And have the added bonus of making money from it lol

I hope you liked this entry and please remember to like my Facebook page and to suggest it to all of your friends. Here is the link: Gabriela Handal Arte

No comments:

Post a Comment